Yippeeee!!!!!!! finally.... I did it!! I baked a chiffon cake. This is the 2nd trial after I ruined the 1st one. I was so impatient to remove the cake from the mold when it was still hot and it was such a nice "freefall" for the cake. That's what I got when I disobey the rules..hehe. But today, i finally got what i want..yuhuuu!!! I never thought that it was easy to make this cake and unmold it. What irritated me a bit was the amount of the eggs *eww...7 eggs...that's a bit too much*, but i never regret it at all after the 1st bite. So moist and once you started it..u will never be able to stop *it's happening to me & my husband* hihi. As you can see on the pictures..the texture is quite nice and the cake is quite tall (it's not shrink at all). No hesitation anymore to make the 3rd one *wink*.
I got the recipe from a friend on Multiply, mbak Nining...thanks for sharing the recipe & the secret of how to make it. This one is really a keeper :-)
5 egg yolks
150 gr sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
200 gr flour
125 ml milk/water/coconut milk (I used water)
100 ml cooking oil
5 drops mocca paste
7 egg whites
100 gr sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar ( I used vinegar as the substitution)
- preheated oven at 170°C
- mix egg whites with cream of tartar and then beat until fluffy, add sugar gradually (made it 2x), then continue beating using highest speed until it the soft peak is reached, set aside
- mix sugar, baking powder, baking soda & flour then make a hole in the middle, add egg yolks & cooking oil in the hole
- stir slowyly using balloon whisk & add milk gradually, continue stirring until dissolved.
- Fold egg whites into the egg yolks mixture in 3 steps, stir slowly until it well blended.
- Place the dough into chiffon cake mould, then bake for about 50 minutes
- After 50 minutes, increase the oven temperature into 180°C and continue baking for about 10-15 minutes.
- remove the cake from the oven then let it cool ( flip the cake mould downwards during the cooling process)