Sonntag, 20. Juli 2008

Vanilla Ice Cream

IMG_7012



Yayyy!! everyday is ice cream day for us (esp. my hubby). Since my hubby is the biggest fan of vanilla flavour, I have to make 2 different ice cream flavours at the same day. Well...vanilla is a must for him. So, I tried my best to make different kind of vanilla ice cream. Then I found this recipe here, and it turned out so well and tasted like vanilla ice cream from our fave supermarket.

This one is so soft, creamy and egless (most of the vanilla ice recipes I've tried required eggs) and my hubby said this is the best home made vanilla ice & tasted better as the one from supermarket ^_^. So, it's really a keeper!

I made a bit change from the original recipe as I only have strawberry jam in my fridge, so I ommited the peach with the jam. And the taste is soo fresh & delicious!
I divided the batch into 2, one is pure vanilla flavour and the other one is with strawberry jam (just in case my hubby doesn't like it). Actually, I want to make the swirl effect on my ice but it didn't work that well *sighs* and the jam made the color look weird :-(.

Today is quite hot here, and the ice melt so fast (as you can see at the 2nd picture) and I had to hurry myself taking the shots of my ice cream *pheww* and at the end of the photo session, my husband took the ice and enjoyed it til the last spoon *LOL*


Ingredients:
2 cups half-and-half (I used light cream / kaffeesahne in germany)
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup minus 2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons peach preserves (I substituted it with strawberry jam)
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped

IMG_7019


Directions:

Combine all ingredients (including the bean and its pulp) in a large saucepan and place over medium heat. Stirring occasionally and bring it into simmer or until you see bubble hit the surface.DO NOT LET IT BOIL!

Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Remove the hull of the vanilla bean, pour mixture into lidded container and refrigerate mixture overnight to mellow flavors and texture. (I refrigerated for about 5 hours only)

Prepare your ice cream maker and freeze the mixture inside until it reaches the soft consistency and the volume increase by 1/2 or 3/4 times. The remove the mixture into ice container and let it hard for about 1 hour.

14 Kommentare:

sefa firdaus hat gesagt…

ihhhhhhhhhh tiap hari aja bikin es krim, bikin ileran :P

Elsye hat gesagt…

sama kayak sefaaa..bikin ileran, mana da dua sapi dibelakang :P

Nana hat gesagt…

@Sefa: hihihihi...kalo gitu hari ini dirimu ke penny beli bahan trus bikin es krim juga :-p. Biasa neh say, kalo lagi keranjingan yg dibikin itu2 terus..keke. Tukang rotinya masih cuti :-D

@Elsye: biar gak ngiler...dirimu kayaknya harus bikin es krim juga deh say :-D. Wekeke...sapinya narsis yak El :-))

Indonesia Eats hat gesagt…

hueeeeeeeee bagi, Na

Unknown hat gesagt…

es krim yg meleleh buat gw aja Na. soalnya ga bisa makan es krim yang masih keras :d

A. Ann hat gesagt…

Waduuuhhhh doyan banget ama es krim ya Na? Sammmaaa...bagi dong Na..

sefa firdaus hat gesagt…

Naaaaaaaaaa... ada award utk mu ;)

Miss youuuuuuuu

Cooking Gallery hat gesagt…

Uwaa...Aku juga pengen es krim nih... Salam kenal ya...!

Anonym hat gesagt…

If you have a simple forex trading strategy that is very easy to understand kindly share it please. No commercial products.
[url=http://forexrobot-review.info]best forex software[/url] [url=http://www.echatnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7443]unlock iphone[/url]

Anonym hat gesagt…

Thanks a lot for sharing (o>▽<)..................................................................

"Livia" hat gesagt…

looks like a great yummy ice cream..
nice pic to make people wanna grab it so much!

"Livia" hat gesagt…

hello..salam kenal..kamu orang indonesia juga yah??

Charley29 hat gesagt…

mouthwatering!!

Anonym hat gesagt…

A huge dick in my pussy,a new warm wet tounge up my personal arse and cum and
pussy juice all over me. Fuck, ozzy

Also visit my website - hcg injections
Also see my page > hcg injections